It has been a tough year for USC Rotaract during this pandemic. Due to LA’s safer at home order we have had to get creative because we cannot volunteer together in person. Instead we have been encouraging our members to volunteer on their own, as well as planning virtual volunteer events for everyone to do together. Here’s a little bit of what we did this past semester:
- Working with rescue dogs and getting them situated with their fosterers and adopters.
- Participated in American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Out of the Darkness Virtual Walk.
- Partnered with LA Works to compile an up to date list of homeless shelters and food banks that still serve during the pandemic.
- Wrote 300 cards for Rotary Cares hygiene kits.
- Facilitated open discussions with other USC clubs with expert speakers about being inclusive and advocating for diversity within our communities.